**** MUZZLE ONLY - HALTER NOT INCLUDED ****
Sizes Mini/small pony (3.5 inch), pony/small cob (4 inch) and horse/large horse (5 inch) – Use the bit size of your horse as a guide (not their halter size).
PLEASE READ PDF BROCHURE ABOVE
The innovative horse grazing muzzle! The Greenguard grazing muzzle is perfect for horses that need extra help reducing their food intake. The patented design of the Greenguard grazing muzzle, with no opening in the centre, does not allow horses to graze easily through the middle of the muzzle. The design also allows for easy breathing and drinking while being worn.
Why would a square muzzle work on a rounded horse nose? Pressure points on the horses nose can impact their air intake, so the square rigid design of the Greenguard grazing muzzle allows a lot of room across the nostril of the horse.
If you have an ‘easy keeper’, then the Greenguard grazing muzzle is the perfect way to keep your horse happy while reducing their grass intake. With multiple intake spots (front, side, and back) the horse has to work to get food (similar to using a slow feed hay net) and it also reduces the wear on the muzzle in a single place.
The patented Greenguard grazing muzzle is the best option for reducing intake without restricting breathing or drinking.
ABOUT THE MUZZLE
The rigid basket squared design is perfect for horses as it does not sit on the nostril, allowing complete air flow to the nose. With 4 straps, the muzzle is completely adjustable to the length of nose of your horse, and if they happen to break them, are easily replaced.
Other key features:
* Rigid design means it is less likely to rub
* Does not absorb water like web muzzles so reduces chance of rubbing
* More even wear over time as it has multiple holes (the horse does not focus on just the one hole in the middle)
Thank you so much for your order. Your GreenGuard Grazing Muzzle is being posted today and you should receive an email with tracking information any moment (sent via Australia Post).
PLEASE NOTE: the grazing muzzle will not prevent founder or laminitic episodes from happening. The muzzle is designed to reduce grass intake.
- The Greenguard grazing muzzle is not recommended for use when the grass is shorter than 2inches in length.
- All grazing muzzles can potentially wear on your horse / pony teeth – we recommend checking teeth weekly and ensuring your grazing muzzle is still fitted correctly, clear from feed or sand / dirt build up. It is a good idea to clean your grazing muzzle once a week.
- Ensure your horses water option is wide enough to fit the muzzle in.
Please find below our recommended fitting guide and fitting tips:
1. Ensure the GreenGuard logo is facing forward with 3 slots running across the front of the horse / pony nose.
2. Attach all 4 straps to your halter – 1 on the noseband, 2 on either side and 1 at the rear. Ensure the buckles are on the outside section of the strap.
3. Adjust the straps so that the muzzle sits parallel to the horse / pony grazing area. The muzzle should sit approximately 1 inch away from the horse / pony mouth. Ensure the muzzle is not fitted up against the horse / pony teeth. This is important as you don’t want it sitting too low where there is a lot of movement of the muzzle and you don’t want it too tight where it sitting against the mouth.
4. Watch your horse / pony for 10 minutes and in this time you should see the horse / pony moving and learning how to graze with the muzzle.
Whilst using our grazing muzzle, we have made a few minor adjustments to ensure comfort and safety for our horse / pony.
- Once the muzzle has been fitted correctly and you are happy with positioning of the straps, we used a cohesive wrap (or duct tape or anything similar) to tape each strap together.
- We found that the noseband strap has the potential to move around so we used cohesive wrap to tape it in place in the middle of the halter. Generally not needed if fitted with a GreenGuard Breakaway Halter.
Should you require any further information on any of our products, please do not hesitate to contact us via email or telephone.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Equissentials users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.